For the second year, Alexian Brothers AIDS Ministry is participating in Ride for AIDS. Ride for AIDS is a 200 mile, two day bike ride from Chicago, IL to Elkhorn, WI to benefit community partners, such as ABAM, and to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS.
Team ABAM is recruiting participants for Ride for AIDS 2012. There are two ways to get involved:
Be a rider:
- 200 mile, two day bicycle journey
- Overnight accommodations at Lutherdale Camp in Elkhorn, WI
- Fundraising minimum: $1000
- Participate in a formalized training program
- Receive indoor cycling classes at Cheetah Gym in Andersonville and a reduced membership fee
- Support Team ABAM riders
- Fundraising minimum: $500
- During training rides: Support riders at pit stops by handing out water and food
- During event: Provide support at pit stops, encourage riders, ensure en-route safety
- Being part of the Crew means being part of a team of people who are committed not only to a great race, but to a great cause!